What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders .
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously
Users are able to change their personal information:
• By emailing us
• By calling us
• By logging in to their account
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
• Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in site notification
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
• We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
• Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
Minimum Advertised Price Policy
INTERNET MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE POLICY
Peacebone Corporation (“Peacebone”) has unilaterally adopted an Internet Minimum Advertised Price Policy (“MAPP”), which is applicable to all authorized Peacebone distributors and authorized Peacebone resellers in the United States, Mexico and Canada (“Authorized Partners”). MAPP is intended to protect the Peacebone brand as a premium offering, preserve the opportunity for competitive reseller margins and avoid channel conflict between Authorized Partners.
Although Authorized Partners remain free to establish their own advertised and resale prices, Peacebone will, without assuming any liability, impose sanctions as described herein against Authorized Partners who advertise Peacebone products online at prices below 90% of MAPP. MAPP pricing guidelines are consistent with the current Price List in existence between Peacebone and the Authorized Partners. Peacebone will not discuss any conditions of acceptance related to the MAPP guidelines, as they are non-negotiable and will not be altered for any Authorized Partner.
This policy is applicable to all online advertised prices made by Authorized Partners advertising Peacebone branded products. An online advertised price includes the price for a product shown on a web browser search; an Authorized Partner’s home page; content on a webpage within the Authorized Partner’s site or domain or, if the Authorized Partner is conducting e-commerce through a third party or subsidiary site or domain, content on a third party or subsidiary site or domain; or any other electronic media source, including Apps, social media forums and internet auctions.
Value-add promotions on Peacebone products can be advertised without violating MAPP as long as the Peacebone product is advertised at or above MAPP guidelines. Authorized Partners may not use shipping and handling incentives to circumvent MAPP. Product promotions with a price below MAPP guidelines shall not violate this policy if they are advertised in conjunction with Peacebone approved promotional activities.
In the event an Authorized Partner chooses not to follow MAPP, sanctions will be imposed by Peacebone in the following manner:
- First Notification: Peacebone will send the Authorized Partner a communication noting the MAPP violation and will be allowed 10 business days to fix the infraction without further sanction.
- Second Notification: In the event the Authorized Partner does not cure the infraction within 10 business days, then Peacebone will send the Authorized Partner a communication noting the MAPP violation and, after 10 additional business days, will demote the Authorized Partner to the next lower level of pricing discount.
- Third Notification: In the event the Authorized Partner does not cure the infraction within 10 business days after the demotion to the next lower level of pricing discount, then Peacebone will send the Authorized Partner a communication noting the continued MAPP violation and, depending on the severity of the infraction, will either cancel the year-end growth rebate or terminate the distributor or reseller relationship.
Peacebone reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend, or discontinue the MAPP in whole or in part. Subject to the gravity and nature of the infraction, Peacebone, at its discretion, may accelerate the sanction level. All matters of interpretation and application of the terms of the MAPP shall remain within the sole discretion of Peacebone.
Enforcement of the MAPP will commence on January 1st, 2016.